Meet our Board.
The Maroba board is made up from members and adherents of the Islington Baptist Church. Board members have a wide range of experience, qualifications, and employment backgrounds.
The commitment of the board is evidenced by the fact that there have been only three chairmen in over 50 years, providing stable leadership and stewardship. One long-standing board member has served for 45 years; true commitment to aged care and the Maroba community. The board serves a number of functions within the life of Maroba, including the following committees:
- Strategic Planning
- Ladies Auxiliary
The board promotes the key values we have at Maroba:
- Maroba’s focus is on people: their safety, their comfort, their choices.
- Maroba is flexible in the array of care and we respect the wishes of our people.
- Maroba leads the way in aged care. [we’re at the forefront of aged care innovation]
- Maroba offers modern, environmentally friendly, innovative and flexible infrastructure.
- Maroba fosters mutually beneficial relationships within the wider community.
- Maroba offers a diverse range of services and accommodation.
- We ensure financial viability of Maroba.
Our employees and board are exemplary, of course, but they’re only part of the picture. Our residents often surprise and delight us. Take John and Sue, for example, who were heard by Staff sitting in the wing saying “this is a lovely cruise ship”. The other one then said “yes, but the captain forgot to wake me this morning.”
Entering aged care isn’t the end of your life but can be a whole new beginning.