Mother’s Day weekend visiting
Dear Family and friends of Maroba,
We are fielding lots of phone calls from families who live in the Greater Sydney, Central Coast, Wollongong and Blue Mountains areas and wish to visit this weekend, particularly as it is Mother’s Day on Sunday.
The situation regarding the recent Covid-19 outbreak in Sydney is delicate and of a concern to the authorities. Not only has restrictions returned for the community, but NSW Health have issued instructions for aged care facilities in Greater Sydney, Central Coast, Wollongong and Blue Mountains areas to return to the ruling of no more than 2 visitors per resident and for all staff and visitors to wear masks. Whilst Newcastle, thankfully is not included in this directive, we cannot afford to be complacent. We still need to be cautious in order to keep our residents and staff safe.
Maroba has maintained a pro-active stance throughout this pandemic and we will continue to in order keep our residents and staff safe.
- If you or your extended family live in the Greater Sydney, Central Coast, Wollongong and Blue Mountains area and intend to visit over the weekend, if at all possible it is our preference that you visit your loved one another day when the Covid-19 situation has settled somewhat.
- If this is not possible, then we request that you check the areas of concern on the NSW Health website the morning of your visit l- click here to be directed to the NSW Health website. If you have been to any areas of concern as detailed on this web page you will not be able to enter Maroba.
- If you live in Newcastle and have visited one of the venues/areas of concern on the date and time listed on the NSW Health website, then we ask that you refrain from visiting and follow the directives of NSW Health.
- If you decide to still visit Maroba and live in the Greater Sydney, Central Coast, Wollongong and Blue Mountains area and have not been to any of the venues of concern on the dates and times listed then we ask, as we have asked our staff to do if they have visited the above areas, that you wear a mask whilst on the premises.
- Masks are available in the entrance areas to The Lodge and The Manor.
- Please remember to check in via our Visitor Management System and answer the series of questions.
On Sunday the ladies will be spoilt with a morning tea and gift. We would like to thank Helen Majdandzic who once again has generously donated a lovely gift package for all the Mums, Aunts and Sisters who reside at Maroba.
Social leave is still possible for residents. Please be mindful of the venues you are visiting, sign in and out (books are in each wing and at the entrance of The Lodge) and advise staff if a resident is going out on social leave.
We appreciate Mother’s Day is an important day for all, but our priority is to keep our residents and staff safe and well.
We thank you for your support, understanding and co-operation.
General Manager, Operations
Download update here
Advise to residential aged care facilities – https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/racf-latest-advice.aspx