Coronavirus Update #47
Hello to all our Residents, Family and Friends of Maroba,
The Covid team have met to discuss the current advice from NSW Health for visiting Residential Aged Care Facilities, visitation at Maroba and of course the roll out of vaccinations, the latter of course being a ‘hot’ topic in the media at present. Keep an eye out for information posters around Maroba.
As well as some additional areas of concern in the Illawarra/Shoalhaven area and a venue of interest in Brighton Le Sands, we are still to restrict visitors who have been to venues and areas of concern in Victoria, Western Australia and New Zealand.
Unfortunately, there has been no change to the requirement to wear masks. All staff and visitors are still required to wear masks whist in the facility.
Please refer to the following website for more information on venues/areas of concern.
Maroba is fielding a number of questions regarding the 2 person per visit restriction that we have implemented when this does not align with the NSW Health guidelines. This requirement is in place as Maroba is still required to adhere to the 1 person per 4 square metre ruling.
As school has returned and summer holidays are over for most people we are seeing more demand for visiting appointments on weekend. We recognise for some that this is the best time to visit and that perhaps if we extended our visiting hours during the week this may alleviate some pressure on the weekend. You may ask, why don’t we open up to visiting on the weekend like we used to? We do have a responsibility to ensure that our visitor management process is solid and adhered to and unfortunately adding reception/concierge services on weekend would compete for the care hours required to support our residents, so for now we appreciate your patience and hope you may be able to fit in with the extended weekday hours.
- Visiting Monday to Friday is now 9am – 5pm with no appointment necessary.
- For family members who are unable to attend during weekday visiting hours, we now also offer some after-hours appointments in and around meal times until 6.30pm which can be made via Reception during office hours. Weekend visits will continue by appointment only.
From today, all visitors including staff will be required to check out on Coolgard, our Visitor Management system. This may seem onerous however it is the same as using the Service NSW APP and what you have to do at any other shop/organisation and in this world of compliance is now becoming a requirement in the case of contact tracing.
There has been no change to other arrangements and or recommendations.
- Social and Medical Leave – Please complete the form on our website available @ https://www.maroba.com.au/external-day-excursions-risk-assessment-form/
Please complete at least 48 hours prior. Early medical appointments are ideal where ever possible and avoid crowded waiting rooms by perhaps waiting in the car or outside if the weather is suitable.
- Masks in external settings are strongly advised, as is social distancing and hand hygiene.
- Visitation outside of our visitation arrangements will be facilitated for special care needs and for active palliation. The Director of Care will make contact if such visitation is required. Of course if you already have such an arrangement in place that will continue at this time.
- In room visits only
- No congregating in any communal space / No stopping for coffee
- Social distancing and Hand Hygiene must be maintained
Please share these changes with other family members and friends to ensure they too are aware of the changes.
Unfortunately we do not have any more information available to share on when the vaccination roll out will commence. As more information is provided to us we will make it available to our Maroba community. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions as we will find the answers as best we can.
Thank you for your continued co-operation and support.
Please do not hesitate to contact Reception on (02) 4935 0300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have individual questions answered by the most appropriate staff member.
Viv Allanson, CEO
Please download our latest and detailed update here