7 October 2021
To our Maroba Community,
Further to update #68, the Covid team met this morning to discuss visitation arrangements for next week. Whilst the Public Health Order for Residential Aged Care has not been updated since 17 September, we have pieced information together from other sources and believe we are able to proceed with our RoadMap in a Covid safe way.
To re-cap the visitation arrangements I attach Update #68 again.
Please note the following which is new information.
- All visitors are to be fully vaccinated with the second dose to have been received at least 14 days prior to visiting Maroba. Ie. Your second vaccination dose has had to be received prior to 27 September to allow 14 days to be effective. We will be checking the dates on vaccination certificates.
- At this stage no children under 12 years of age are able to visit aged care facilities.
- On entering Maroba from Myall Road, parking for visitors will be available in the top car park on the right.
- Please bring your Smartphone so that you can use our Coolgard/Service NSW QR code to check in.
We still have a number of appointments available so please ring Reception between 8.30-4.30pm to book your time for a 3o minute outside visit or send an email to email@example.com with a proposed day and time.
As is the normal case, surgical masks will be supplied. Please remember to use our hand sanitizer. We know that you will be itching to give your loved one a hug, however for the safety of all we would appreciate if you could refrain, and practice social distancing.
We would like to highlight that we have been advised a new Public Health Order for Residential Aged Care is imminent and we do not know how this may affect our plans for visitation, hence at this stage the above arrangements will be in place for two weeks. We will revise arrangements once we receive further advice from NSW Health.
We also note that on the Service NSW website, unlike other LGA’s there is no date for when City of Newcastle will end ‘stay at home’ orders, which again may affect our plans.
To other news.
- The contractors will be back on site from 18 October to re-commence the Lodge refurbishment which is great news, and provided we do not have to stop works again, the refurbishment should be finished by Christmas.
- Please also take care when on site as we are re-surfacing a section of our driveway.
- Hairdressing Services will resume next week
- Bus Trips will commence again after 18 October for drives only. Maroba will provide refreshments.
Once again we thank you for your patience and understanding of these visitation arrangements.
Please continue to keep safe during these challenging and precarious times especially with the increase in local case numbers of late.
Remember, please do not visit if;
- you have the slightest cough or cold/flu like symptoms;
- have been contacted by NSW Health as a close or casual contact;
- are waiting for the results of a Covid test;
- have been in contact with a confirmed close contact who is waiting on a test result
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ring Reception on (02) 4935 0300 and you will be directed to the most appropriate person to answer your enquiry.
General Manager, Corporate Services