Moving to residential care is a big decision.
The best way to be prepared is to have a list of questions to ask to help with your decision. Take a look at our list that will help you measure like for like.
- Is the home Accredited?
- Do they have vacancies?
- Is the location convenient for you and your family?
- Does the home offer additional services, like Hairdresser visits, Massages or Excursions?
- Is the home close to transport, shopping, medical and dental facilities?
- What are the costs? Have they disclosed all the costs up front? This is an important part of your research so make sure that each home to which you apply gives you all the details regarding costs and extras.
- Is the accommodation suitable for you? For example: ensuite or shared bathroom? Telephone line? Storage? Meals?
- Can you bring a pet? Some of your own furniture?
If you’d like to talk to someone at Maroba about these areas simply call us call (02) 4935 0300 or email us at email@example.com